New Jersey requires a total of 75 hours of pre-licensing education. As an active real estate
salesperson licensee in Pennsylvania, you may have completed a total of 60 hours* of pre-
licensing education. Therefore, to obtain a New Jersey salesperson license, you must complete
the following steps:
- Complete an additional 15 hours of broker pre-licensure education in Pennsylvania.
- Obtain a Certificate of Licensure from the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission. Requests must be made online at: www.pals.pa.gov Click on the "Verification/Certification of License" link.
- Complete a New Jersey Salesperson Waiver Application
- Next, submit the Waiver Application, Certificate of Licensure, transcript of the 15-hour broker course and a money order or certified check for $25.00. Once the application is approved, you will be issued a Certificate of Examination Eligibility.
- You are required to pass both portions of the New Jersey state test at the same sitting.
For more information, call the New Jersey Real Estate Commission at 609-292-8300 ext. 50137
*If you completed 75 hours of pre-licensing education an active real estate salesperson licensee
in Pennsylvania, you have completed the necessary education to sit for the New Jersey state