You need to be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Successfully complete the 75-hour course Real Estate Fundamentals (30 hours) and Real Estate Practice (45 hours).
- Submit application to PSI with the appropriate fee.
- Successfully pass the course final exam with an approved proctor. Note: After passing the exam, you can wait up to 3 years before activating the licence.
- After passing the exam, you need to find an employing broker who will ensure that you meet and maintain the requirements for a Pennsylvania Real Estate Salesperson License.
- Lastly, you have to activate your license by submitting to the Real Estate Commission, a Salesperson Standard Initial License Application and a Criminal Background Check at www.dos.state.pa.us.
- Real Estate Fundamentals (30 hours): Our Sales Associate Course provides students with the basic information for additional study, supports the practice of real estate in Pennsylvania, and is designed to introduce students to the language principles and laws of real estate.
- Real Estate Practices (45 hours): This gives students an introduction into the world of real estate. It’s designed to provide students with the basic techniques and procedures, regulations, and ethics involved in real estate transactions.
The student can register online via our online registration form.
To receive your transcript, you need to meet all attendance and exam requirements. Transcripts are typically emailed within 5-10 business days following the completion of both courses (Sales Associate Course).
The exams are given by PSI and are offered Monday through Saturday at most locations and is administered by PSI at their locations. The cost of the exam is $49.00. Forms to register for the exam are provided in class.
Yes, a criminal background check is required at the time you apply for your license with the Real Estate Commission. It is NOT required to take the license exam or to register with PSI. One completed background check is valid for 90 days.
If a student has paid for and has been enrolled in an American Real Estate Institute Fundamentals and Practice course and,
- Fails the course
- Receives an "Incomplete" for the course
- Fails the Pennsylvania State Salesperson Exam
- If cancellation occurs prior to the first class, tuition will be refunded in full.
- If cancellation occurs after the first class and prior to the start of the second class, the student will receive a full refund minus a $50.00 service charge.
You can obtain duplicate copies of your transcript from our administrative office via email or mail.
- Mail your request: American Real Estate Institute 626 Jacksonville Road Suite 142, Warminster, PA 18974
- Email your request: email@example.com
New Jersey requires a total of 75 hours of pre-licensing education. As an active real estate salesperson licensee in Pennsylvania, you may have completed a total of 60 hours* of pre- licensing education. Therefore, to obtain a New Jersey salesperson license, you must complete the following steps:
- Complete an additional 15 hours of broker pre-licensure education in Pennsylvania.
- Obtain a Certificate of Licensure from the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission. Requests must be made online at: www.pals.pa.gov Click on the "Verification/Certification of License" link.
- Complete a New Jersey Salesperson Waiver Application
- Next, submit the Waiver Application, Certificate of Licensure, transcript of the 15-hour broker course and a money order or certified check for $25.00. Once the application is approved, you will be issued a Certificate of Examination Eligibility.
- You are required to pass both portions of the New Jersey state test at the same sitting.